As an integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor I have a passion in supporting adults and children with their mental health and wellbeing.
Through my own family experiences I have an interest in working with Autistic and Neurodivergent adults, young people and children aged 11+ and their families. I have two autistic children, one in a specialist provision with complex needs and one navigating mainstream education. I have been through my own counselling journey in working through the difficulties of managing their needs. There is a lack of services for Autistic and neurodivergent people, which is what has driven me to work in this area of mental health support.
I also support emergency service workers having worked in a front-line role for 16 years, I understand the physical and psychological demands of this work.
Working as an integrative therapist means I draw from a variety of psychological approaches that best suit your individual needs. I work compassionately and flexibly to provide a safe, non-judgmental and confidential space for you to explore anything that you wish to talk about.
I have completed CPD training in a variety of psychological and neurodivergent topics. I am currently undertaking further qualifications in Counselling children, young people and therapeutic play techniques.
As well as my private practice working with adults and children, I also work as a school counsellor at a specialist communication and interaction Collage for students with a variety of needs including ADHD, Autism, PDA, Dyslexia, LD, SEMH and behavioural difficulties.
I volunteer with Cruse Bereavement working with adults, children and young people delivering support across schools in Dacorum and Three Rivers.
Throughout my initial training, I gained clinical counselling experience working with adult NHS GP referrals for a local Dacorum agency.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy BACP and work to a strict code of ethics and confidentiality.
- CPCAB Intro to Counselling
- CPCAB L2 Counselling Skills
- CPCAB L3 Counselling Studies
- CPCAB L4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB L5 Diploma Advanced Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- NSPCC Safeguarding and Prevent Duty for children
- Ascentis qualification in Bereavement Support
- Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Kings College Certificate Understanding ADHD
- OU Certificate in telephone and online Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People, NCFE Therapeutic Play Techniques, in progress.